Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Back from Asilomar

I'm back from Asilomar and still in kind of a daze.... It was soooo wonderful to be surrounded by 120+ stitchers all crazy about stitching. For a whole week we talked, walked, ate, slept nothing but STITCHING! In the most beautiful coastal scenery you can imagine....

(Is that a stitcher's paradise or what?!?)
The buildings were all done in a rustic arts & crafts style...from small cottages to majestic halls. And all surrounded by lots of big pines and cedars...

Deer wandered around between the buildings, scarcely noticing the people at all. (This doe and fawn were just outside my bedroom window.)
And my classes were held in a wonderful, light-filled building on a hill that had wonderful pine-filled views from every window. (You can see how much time my stitchers spent gazing out the windows. Actually, they're concentrating on making lots and lots of bullion knots - everybody's FAVORITE stitch, ha, ha...)

ANYWAY, I certainly met lots of new stitcher friends, greeted some old friends, compared notes with other teachers, and even got to meet the regional and national presidents of EGA. All in all, I can confidently say: A very good time was had by all!

2 comments:

tintocktap said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I've never been to anything like that, but I'd love to give it a go sometime.

Robin said...

It was a very restoring place. The stitching energy was lovely. Glad you enjoyed the event.

- Robin (aka Broider_Baroness.blogspot.com)