Friday, October 15, 2010

Something Totally New and Exciting

I've been thinking about developing my own cyber classes for quite a while now. I suspect there must be quite a lot of stitchers like me out there: stitchers who LOVE stitching new projects but HATE the idea of packing everything up and travelling away from home (for a variety of economic, domestic, and logistical reasons that we all can relate to.) And now, thanks to the wonderful techno-marvelous society we live in, what better way to experience the best of both worlds - stitching AND staying home in your comfy chair - than by taking a cyber class....

Soooooo, my stitchy friends, the time has come to announce the very first Laura J. Perin Designs Cyber Class offering:


TA DA!!
It's called "CORSAGE".

It's an 8.5" x 8.5" piece done on Santa Fe green 18 ct. mono canvas. I've created six different colorways that the stitcher can choose from: blue (shown above), pink (shown below), purple, turquoise, orange, and red.

Since one of the main things I enjoy most about stitching is making personal choices in everything I stitch, I want to provide that same design fun for the stitchers who sign up for this class. As the project unfolds, stitchers will have several choices to make to personalize their piece. One of the big choices will be deciding which flower to put in the middle box - either a gardenia (shown above) or a dogwood (shown below). (And if you should decide to do your flower in a color other than ecru the flower becomes a rose or camillia - is that magical or what?!?)


Anyway, the Cyber Class registration period runs from October 16th to November 30th of 2010. The class will start on January 15, 2011 (after all the holiday hoopla has died down and stitchers are ready to get back to stitching in the new year). I expect the class to run about 4 to 6 weeks, with email "lessons" every week.

For more information, and all the particulars about my new "Corsage" Cyber Class, please visit the new LJP Cyber Class page on my website by clicking on the LAURA J. PERIN DESIGNS title listed on the right.

6 comments:

momsue84 said...

Woohoo! Great news! Thanks so much for doing this! I'll be there!

RobinG said...

Dear Laura,
What wonderful news I'm afraid that I must await the next class as I'm about to begin another cyber class and your "Daisy Chain" is in my stash. But I wanted you to know I'm very interested and I would sign up, especially if you were to teach something the along the lines of your American Quilt line or the Sample Collection. Best of luck! Regards, Indiana Robin

Susan said...

Love your idea! I'm signing up, and will look forward to working with you, even tho it will be thru email!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I love the fact you are entering the ranks of cyber classes! I have always loved your designs and am glad to see you venturing out this way! I've posted your link over on my main board haunt and hopefully some people new to needlepoint will sign up and enjoy the class. Best of luck and looking forward to more cyber classes.

I will be sitting this one out as I'm not a floral stitcher, but will keep my eye out for future classes and go from there.

- Sue

Laurie in Iowa said...

Love to learn more about your cyber class... but don't understand where I'm supposed to click on a link to find out more info.

Wendy said...

Oh, love it love it!