Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Summer Flowers



Summer is a fun time to stitch up some seasonal flowers.  What better way to spend some time outdoors on a hot day than stitching on a project filled with summertime flowers, colors and patterns!

Actually, I was doing some printing this morning of a few of my popular Secret Garden collages, and that reminded me how fun these were to stitch up, because they all have small blocks of stitches that are totally fun to work, but not so extensive that you have to spend lots of time on them.  And they're all built up around a luscious variegated Watercolors skein, so seeing the colors and patterns come alive on your canvas is a real delight.

Anyway, I thought I'd share some pictures of the ones that evoke the deep warm days of summer.  Here's CALIFORNIA POPPY COLLAGE:


And BLUEBONNET COLLAGE:

 
The warm RED POPPY COLLAGE:



And the very perky PANSY COLLAGE:


All have the look and feel of drowsy summer gardens, don't they?



So if you're interested in sitting in the shade and stitching up a garden, please mosey on over to my website and check out all the flowers growing in the Secret Garden Collection...

1 comment:

Needles Everywhere said...

These are fantastic! I gotta get these!