Wednesday, March 22, 2017

A Springy New Cyber Class!

Have I got a treat for all you stitchers that have taken my cyber classes in the past: 
a brand new, Springy cyber class piece that make you smile every time you look at it.... 
And it's called DAFFODIL TIME:


The idea for this fun design came as a surprise to me.  For all the years I've been teaching
FLEUR-DE-LIS with it's bright blue iris, it never occurred to me to design a companion
piece - until I was posting the iris photo on Instagram, and something about
the angle of the photo made me do a double-take and say to myself, "Hey, wouldn't
it be fun to create a daffodil design in the same layout?"

So I did!  And I had a lot of fun figuring out four different floral patterns 
that I could highlight around the center daffodil, creating little flowers
that sorta had a daffodil look to them.  And working with the bright Springtime colors
was definitely another perk - and much appreciated during the cold grey winter months!
Here's a close-up look at a few of the stitch patterns used in this piece:


DAFFODIL TIME is worked on my fav Santa Fe Sage Green 18 ct. canvas,
and it's finished size is a managable 8" x 8".  The thread palette is built around
Watercolours 297 - " Goldenrod" which has a cheerful mix of yellows, greens,
and a dash of blue.
 
So, if you LOVE daffodils (and honestly, who doesn't?),
  you might want to try your hand at stitching up this new Springtime piece.
(And I promise you that this is one daffodil that WON'T wilt, fall over in the rain,
or get eaten by bugs - and you'll enjoy looking at it all year long...)

Skip on over to my website and check out all the cyber class information....
Registration runs from now until April 30th, and the class starts in late May.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fresh and bright beauty!

zenuwpees said...

Toujours des magnifique broderie