Thursday, April 20, 2017

Time for a New Wreath!

Are you itchin' to do some fun spring stitchin'?
How about creating a new wreath to display in your home?
Recently, I had a hankering to design and stitch a wreath
 that displays lots of different birdhouses,
because I thought it would be a fun one to stitch, 
as well as have hanging in my house all through the spring and summer seasons....

So, TA DA -- here's the brand-new BIRDHOUSE WREATH


I had a blast thinking up unique birdhouses that would fit snugly inside a circular wreath space.  And of course, I had to include a pair of birds and their own "natural" nest!  (I made my birds sparrow brown, but you could make them bluebirds or goldfinches, if you prefer.)   Here's a peek at a corner of the wreath (and I'm rather smitten with the tiny log cabin house!):


One of my favorite birdhouses is the little red barn:


Too cute, huh?!?
Anyway, the order in which I stitched this design was: first, the velvet bow; then all the birdhouses; then the birds and their nest; then the assorted flowers; and finally, the wreath's variegated greenery.   On this wreath, I stitched pretty much everything with #5 pearl cottons, but not until I was finished did it occur to me that I COULD have stitched all the flowers with silk or cotton ribbons - DUH, how fresh and springy would that look??  Anyway, that's just one of many ideas you can play around with on this wreath.  Adding cute bird, bee, flower buttons and charms is another way to personalize this wreath.  So I offer it up to you, and hope you will enjoy building your own BIRDHOUSE WREATH!

Please flutter on over to my website to see all the particulars about purchasing this fun new BIRDHOUSE WREATH design.  And Happy Springtime Stitching!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this wreath!. The birdhouses are terrific.
Carolyn
http://www.stitchopedia.com
Stitchopedia…An encyclopedia of needlepoint stitches…