Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Ho, Ho, Ho: New Miniature Holiday Quilts!

Hey, Stitchers: I've got some sweet new MINIATURE HOLIDAY QUILTS for you, and they look just like traditional American quilts with fun, festive centers:


 
I had so much fun stitching these cuties up -- I worked the set shown below on 18 ct. canvas in eggshell with the gold flecks.   What's fun about using the shimmery gold canvas is you don't really need to stitch the background because the canvas is so sparkly, it adds an extra elegance to the small quilts (and it also makes them faster to finish!)  As you can see below, I stitched two of the quilts WITH the quilted background and two of them WITHOUT the background, so you can see the different versions and decide which you like best....


And please note that I couldn't decide which color border I liked best - red or green - so I did two of each!  You can stitch all the quilts with one color border, or alternate them like I did.   I also couldn't decide if the little quilts would look better on 18 ct. (5" x 5") or 24 ct. Congress Cloth (3.75" x 3.75") so I stitched up one of the quilts on Congress Cloth just to see how cute they would look on the finer canvas:


For the smaller quilts, I used Gentle Arts Simply Shaker Sampler Threads, which gives them a slightly vintage look.  By the way, the pattern includes the complete thread list for either size of the miniature quilts, as well as a bead pack with red, green and gold seed beads.

Super cute, super fun, super easy!!!   And these quilts would also be great way to highlight a large holiday charm, button or bead in the center -- wouldn't that be eye-catching??

So if you're in the mood for stitching up some quick holiday pieces, you might want to add this new MINIATURE HOLIDAY QUILTS pattern to your stash.... Please visit my website to see the thread list and complete ordering information.


4 comments:

lewmew said...

Any chance this is available as a pdf file? I have plenty of beads but not much time to wait to get this before Christmas!!

Sarah Beth’s Stitching said...

That is absolutely beautiful I may have to give that one a tey

Karen said...

Very cute!

Sure Embroidery Digitizing said...

awesome work.