Friday, April 20, 2018

Time For Some Flowers!




 I don't know about you, but I've been craving some spring flowers to stitch...


 I wanted something fun, and floral, and not too difficult...
So I designed something that I consider Pure Pattern Pleasure --
                                                                                          this new FLORAL WELCOME:



I was thinking it would be fun to have a stitched "welcome" sign that was hanging in my house... and maybe it will be a seasonal design, to change out with other textual designs later in the year (we'll see how that goes).  As you can see, I already had a gold 10" x 12" frame that fit this 8" x 10" piece perfectly, so I'm ready to hang it in my entryway.

I've stitched my model on 18 ct. Santa Fe Sage green canvas, although it would be brighter and sunnier looking if stitched on eggshell (or any other color you prefer).  I chose two very fun floral patterns - one for the inside filler pattern, and one for the large flower border.  There's a soft variegated background pattern around the Welcome text that is basically a Four-Way Stitch with metallic accents, and the text is just Tent Stitch done with a soft Ribbon Floss metallic - easy peasy!!  Here's another look up close, although the photos just don't do justice to all the shimmer and sparkle in this piece:


Since my favorite color combo is pink and green, that's what I stitched.  But really, this is the PERFECT project for the stitcher who wants to change the colors to match her own decor.  Here are two other colorways - BLUE and LAVENDER -  I give thread substitutions for on the pattern:

 

But really, there are so many color combinations you could use for this .... something for all you creative stitchers to consider!!  No matter what the colors, this is definitely yummy, yummy stitching that's fun and festive and FLORAL -- just the thing for welcoming spring after a long, cold, grey winter!


So if you're a flower lover like me, and welcome a sweet piece like this in your home, please tip toe through the tulips to my website, www.laurajperindesigns.net, and take a look at the ordering information for this new FLOWER WELCOME pattern.

And HAPPY FLORAL FRIDAY!!