Friday, June 22, 2018

A Bee-Utiful New Cyber Class!

A while ago, I was talking with my friend Helen at FLEUR DE PARIS, a needlework distributor where I get most of my thread and canvas supplies.  I was telling her about some of my cyber class projects for the year, and she said in passing," You should do something with bees.  Bees are really trendy this year."  And she is so right... have you noticed all the cute bee projects showing up?

Anyway, I was in the midst of kitting up a spring cyber class, DAFFODIL TIME, and it occurred to me that the layout would be really fun to use for a knot garden with bees as the central theme.  So I pulled some threads, starting with the variegated Watercolours 297 - "goldenrod", graphed out some fun floral patterns, added some honey-colored walkways, and started to stitch.  And TA DA -- here's what I came up with, and I'm calling it  my "BEE-UTIFUL GARDEN":


And I gotta tell you, I'm totally in love with all those tiny bees!  Here's a peek up close at the bees and padded bee skip (stitched with a gently variegated ThreadworX #5 pearl cotton):


So now I'm pleased to announce that "BEE-UTIFUL GARDEN" is my brand new summer cyber class, with registration open NOW and running until the end of July, so we can get the class started sometime in August.  It's an 8" x 8" piece done on 18 ct. eggshell canvas, with a handful of summery colors.  And guess what?  Each stitcher can choose between LAVENDER DMC 333 & 340 (shown in the model above) or BLUE DMC 322 & 809 accent flowers:



Isn't that the sweetest cyber class for summer?!?  Please buzz on over to my website to see all the class information on this new "BEE-UTIFUL GARDEN".....
                     and HAPPY SUMMER WEEKEND STITCHING!!