Friday, September 25, 2009

Summer Sunflowers


Sunflowers are such a summery flower. They evoke pure sunshine and blazing blue skies, don't they? Even here in Healdsburg, there are sunflowers all around town, popping up in yards and along roadsides.

Which reminds me of one of my quilt designs, SUNFLOWER STAR. I named it that because I thought the star block looked like a sunflower.


And a cluster of these blocks looks like a bunch of sunflowers -


especially when you back up and see the whole design:


I imagine this design would look TOTALLY different using another color combination, but frankly, I can't even see anything but bright yellow sunflowers when I look at this design!

3 comments:

tayton said...

Witam! Nie znam angielskiego ale zdjęcia są piękne. Podziwiam i pozdrawiam :-)

Anonymous said...

This is a cheerful pattern - very summery. I think it would be interesting to stitch with a colour scheme based on Caron Watercolours "Cheyenne", say, to reflect the range of colours found in dwarf sunflowers - deep red, rust and purplish shades, orange and cream, as well as yellow.

Maria said...

I stitched this one and I love it! I need more stitching time, I have two more of your patterns kitted up and ready to go.