Friday, October 14, 2011

Need a Pile of Leaves to Play In?

I had so much fun stitching up last month's LAHAINA BREEZES I decided to create a new series which plays around with this surprisingly fun patchwork/abstract/collagey/impressionistic format. And here's what I came up with for this month:

I'm calling it "TURNING LEAVES" (which is sort of a play on words as well, because it's got lots of different leaf patterns in it, and they're turning all over the place!)

Here's a section of it up close:


It was a blast to stitch and throw in every fun type of leaf pattern I could think of, plus the focal point - a swirling box of oak leaves and acorns. How fall-ish is THAT?!?!


And it uses two different Watercolours threads: 144 "Pomegranate" for the variegated oranges, plus a brand-new one 285 called "Sherwood Forest" in rich greens and browns with spots of orange. And I also put in a lot more beads than usual... I found some longer bugle beads that are a yummy variegated greenish color, so I had to add those along some smaller gold bugle beads, plus a handful of amber seed beads, as well as the larger gold ones that always stand out well on 18 ct. canvas.

If you're intrigued by this new TURNING LEAVES design, please visit my website for a more detailed thread list and other ordering particulars!

Oh, and Happy Friday, Stitchers... I hope you get lots of fun fall stitching done!

13 comments:

Sun City Stitcher said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!! Will defineately be checking your website.

Beth said...

Everytime I read your blog I just can't believe how talented you are. Thank goodness we all can enjoy your designs.

Tommye said...

Just stunning!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Design!! Love the colors :)

Kaisievic said...

Your new design is stunning!

Hugs, Kaye xoxox

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love these colours, this is gorgeous!

Terri M said...

Stunning! It took my breath away.

ShirleyEG said...

This is a fantastic fall pattern! You have such creative talent. Thank you.

Karen said...

Yep, LOVE IT!

I really gotta figure out how to stitch MUCH FASTER...

Unknown said...

Very nice! I love your embroidery!!

Agata said...

I love the colours! I think it's one of your best patterns - hoping to stich it some time soon :)

Anonymous said...

love, love the fall design. Fall is my favorite time of the year.
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Здравствуйте, мне очень понравился дизайн с дубовыми лситочками. Вы пишете про сайт, где его можно посмотреть\заказать. Но я не могу найти ссылку на ваш сайт. Ответье пожалуйста на 3ojiotuhk[]mail.ru где вас можно найти. Благодарю. Елена.