Thursday, March 31, 2016

Old-Fashioned Quilts

I was doing some printing this week of older quilt designs and came across some favorites that evoke old-fashioned quilts that are softened and faded with time.  I pulled out a few of the models so I could look at them and reminisce about stitching them many years ago.  sigh... I still love these traditional quilt designs....

SAWTOOTH SAMPLER, originally stitched in soft pastels, but great for working from your stash:


I also stitched it in slightly BRIGHTER colors, and list those threads on the pattern as well:


Then there's FLOWER BASKET, a soothing geometric quilt, which I love for its scalloped borders:


And this is FLOWER GARDEN, which has a slightly stained glass look to it, I think, and looks good in lots of different spring color combinations... The first model I stitched in greens and pinks:


...then I stitched it again in cool greens and apricots (another yummy combination!):


Then there's GRANDMOTHER'S GARDEN, which has such a lovely old-fashioned feel to it
(and LOTS of little squares to stitch!!):


So if you're in a soft pastel, old-fashioned quilt kind of mood, please check out these quilts, along with many others, in my American Quilt Collection, over on my website....

1 comment:

susanalbert said...

These are gorgeous, Laura! Enough to keep me busy for months on end...