Friday, August 1, 2008

More Kimono Trios

As long as I'm showing you the kimono series, I thought I'd show you photos of the other two.....

THREE SPRINGTIME KIMONOS


and THREE WINTER KIMONOS


They each use just one variegated colorway - with a trio of separate accent colors. And isn't the variety amazing? Pretty neat illusion, huh? Something to think about when you're stitching a project and you need a way to tie separate elements together. Remember: LET THE VARIEGATED THREAD DO THE WORK FOR YOU. This is a really good way to pick out thread colors. Find a variegated thread you like and then match your solid colors to it. Chances are, you won't go too far wrong if your colors match the variegated skein.

(And no, there isn't an autumnal trio. I think I ran out of kimono energy and never got back to designing the last in the series.....sigh, I'll just add it to the list of 1,534 other projects waiting to be created in my head....)

5 comments:

Glenda said...

Thank you you so much for the Web Award!

Glenda said...

Thank you so much for the Web Award!

NCPat said...

Very nice! I like how this looks totally different, yet blends so well.

Carmen said...

beutiful designs.

Miriam said...

Wow! I just discovered your blog. The kimono's are wonderful.