Monday, March 16, 2009

Celtic Cross #1

I thought this week would be the perfect time to show you the other two Celtic designs I've done. Here's the first one, a very early design called CELTIC CROSS #1.


This was done MANY years ago, and was stitched all in cross stitches (with a few satin-stitched borders) on a natural-colored linen. I particularly wanted to try and replicate the shadows of the interlocking strands, so making the overall design look three-dimensional was a challenge. Here's what it looks like up-close:


Like so many other stitchers, I too am fascinated with the intricacy of celtic design. This was my first attempt at interpreting that ancient and most beautiful art.

3 comments:

Kate said...

AWESOME! I do love Celtic Patterns. I am stitching BOINK right now. This is my big project for 2009. I didn't find the pattern until last week. It was a SAL on Ink Circles webpage. Love you designs. Hope to stitch one someday.

Possibilities, Etc. said...

I've done this exact one years ago - I first got interested in Celtic crosses and knotwork when I started designing for St. David's Episcopal church here in Austin. The mathematics of working out knotwork is fascinating! You did a beautiful job.

www.muebles.cn said...

Thank you for this post, really worthwhile info.