Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday Flowers Is Back!

If you haven't guessed by now, I have a serious fascination for flowers with raindrops on them.  Okay... let's be honest, it's an obsession (and you would certainly agree if you saw ALL the raindrop photos I've taken this past year.)  I love looking at the delicate raindrop patterns, but there's also the realization of how fleeting and fragile these drops are -- truly a momentary beauty that can only be preserved in a photo..

But the last rainstorm we had a week or so ago was a BEAUT, as far as giving me some fantastic photos of raindrops on roses, tulips, primroses, poppies, pansies.....well, you get the picture!

So prepare yourself for lottsa lovely drops.... (And I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I do,
especially if you click on the individual photos and study them up-close. Personally, I'm blown away by how sharp these shots are considering I'm using a small digital camera, a Canon PowerShot A1000 that I often carry in my pocket when I go for walks with my dog Katie)...

 
 

 









 
 







 










All these photos remind me of the "Doctor Doolittle" song Anthony Newley once sang:
"My friend the Doctor says that every time it starts to rain,
And people run indoors again, in swarms;
If you remain 
Out in the rain, 
You'll think you're drinkin' pink champagne...
And you'll spend your life prayin' for thunderstorms!"

I heartily agree -- with camera in hand, of course -- grin.....

May these pictures remind you to rejoice in the extraordinary beauty that surrounds us each and every day.  HAVE A FABULOUS FRIDAY!

6 comments:

dulcinella said...

what a lovely post: such beautiful pictures and a very well chosen text! Thank you and a very happy weekend!

Elizabeth Brotherton said...

Beautiful photos! I've been living in the city for the past seven years and have not been able to indulge my love of gardening. However, that will change shortly since my husband and I will be moving back to the country where I can have a garden!

It would be a wonderful challenge to capture those dew-kissed flowers in cross stitch!

Brightest Blessings!

Beth Brotherton
http://itchystitcher.blogspot.com/

Marcy said...

Lovely -- the only thing more facinating is dew drops on spider webs. Beautiful!

Suzanne Allen said...

Gorgeous!

Annie said...

Natures colors and beauty at its best. Thank you Laura for sharing this wonderful pics.

Kathy A. said...

Stunning, absolutely beautiful. What a wonderful calendar those pictures would make. You should consider doing that.