Monday, July 14, 2008

Ribbons of Harmony

Well, here's the finished ribbon canvas I showed you last month:


The finished size is 9.5" by 13" on 18 ct mono canvas. Unfortunately, the photo simply doesn't do the actual project justice. You can't see the soft metallic shimmer of the aqua ribbon floss. Or the rich texture of the aqua Very Velvet Petite that is used in the larger ribbons... And the subtle variations of the "Green Tea" Watercolours don't show up so well either. But, trust me, it's quite lovely in the flesh!

This new pattern, "RIBBONS OF HARMONY", is now available on my website: www.ljperindesigns.com and is also available through my distributors.

(DESIGN P.S.: This ribbon design is just the first in a series I'm planning with different colors and patterns of ribbons. The next one I'm itching to start - RIBBONS OF HOPE - will feature pink ribbons. Caron Collection is coming out with a scrumptious new pink variegated colorway this summer that will be perfect for the confection I have dancing in my head....and I'm eager for the new thread to hit the markets so I can start stitching on it!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really excited to hear that you're planning a series of these Ribbon patterns!!!!! I have a 'wall' waiting for them all!! Thanks, Barbi S.

M&Co. said...

Oh it's lovely!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Beautiful! I love the blues and browns in this piece and when I clicked on the photo and saw the varieties of texture--well, I like this a great deal.

Thanks for sharing it bit by bit.