Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Little Post-Holiday Stitching


After the hustle and bustle of the holidays, I'm usually still in a Christmasy mood and want to keep working in those cheerful red and green colors. So as a relief from working on larger pieces, I decided to to whip out a few Prairie Schooler ornaments - just for fun...


I stitched all of these designs with plain ol' DMC floss on 18 ct. mono canvas, so that made stitching them up all the quicker!


And I have to say, the fact that they stitched up so fast (it took me 1-2 days for each of them, under no kind of time or stitching pressure) was an additional delight. As any stitcher knows, instant stitching gratification is ALWAYS a welcome treat!

And while I love all these ornaments, I must confess that this one is my very favorite:


I'll worry about making their rustic twig frames later... for now, I'll just go back to finding something else that's fast and fun to stitch!

3 comments:

SueB said...

SWEET, Laura! Just pack 'em up and send 'em my way ... as is! TFS!

Tatkis said...

Such a lovely ornaments! Colors are great!

Best wishes,
Tatyana

Unknown said...

I love these ornaments... so glad I came across your blog!