Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday Flowers: Camellias

It's been a long time since I posted some Friday Flowers, so I thought I'd celebrate the first week of Spring by showing off some of the camellias that have been blooming in my garden. I'm fascinated not only by their delicious colors, but as I look closer and closer within each flower, I'm drawn to their petal patterns - how each flower unfurls and often reveals a symmetrical design.... (pssst: if you want to really see each flower up-close, click on each flower, to enlarge them one by one.)
















HAPPY FRIDAY, EVERYONE!

6 comments:

Suztats said...

Lovely pics. Has me pining and impatient for spring!

Front Range Stitcher said...

All easy candidates for the American Camelia Society! I loved looking at the close ups. thanks, have a happy weekend.

Jody said...

Laura.....Your flower photographs are spectacular! I can see them all as paintings.......just beautiful...and your stitching.....wonderful!

Warmly,
Jody
http://jodydesigns.typepad.com/jodyinthestudio

Anonymous said...

A pure visual treat! I love Friday Flowers. Thanks.

Nancy

Anonymous said...

A pure visual treat! I love your Friday Flowers. Thanks.

Nancy

Dani - tkdchick said...

OMG what stunning flowers!!!!