Thursday, March 1, 2012

Going Back to a Past Season



Remember this?
My LONG AUTUMN PANEL from last year?

I know we've left autumn way, way behind us now, but just this morning I've finished revising a thread palette for a stitcher who really wants to work the LONG AUTUMN PANEL in something without purples or greens in it. And I thought I would go ahead and share the thread combination with all of you too (since I'm sure there are plenty of stitchers out there who don't want to have so much purple or green in their projects either - grin!)

I've created a dusty blue and orange version that uses these threads:




 And it's really quite yummy in a serene blue and orange kind of way...(and notice there is no purple or green in sight, ahem...)

The thread palette I've pulled centers around Watercolours 010 "Fiesta" (2 skeins)
and uses DMC #5 898 (2), 920, 921, 930, 931
with Ribbon Flosses 148-032 (2), 144-005 (2), 148-047 (2)
 and Kreinik #8 Braid 002HL.

So if you're ever in the mood for a blue and orange color scheme, remember these threads - they might be just the combo you've been looking for!

1 comment:

Karen said...

LOVE this other colorway!!! And I'm not usually that drawn to blue - but this is looks gorgeous!