Monday, October 14, 2019

Some Spooky Fun



 OOOOOOHHH.... it's so nice to see the trees in the neighborhood starting to turn colors...and while the days are still warm, the nights are definitely cooling down and the comforter has reappeared on my bed.  

To celebrate the changing seasons, I was also craving a new Halloween design to stitch, but I wanted it to be fun and fast to work up.  So I combined my love of ribbons with a bunch of Halloween elements that bring a smile to my face - cats, bats, witches' hats, pumpkins, candy corn, spider, and even a cute little ghost.  It's called "SPOOKY HALLOWEEN SQUARE":


The new 10" x 10" SPOOKY design is worked on 18 ct. canvas in the brown color (what I privately call the "old-fashioned" color of canvas).  It uses Watercolours 231 - "Ethiopia" and a fat bunch of DMC #5 pearl cottons, an orange Very Velvet, plus a few specialty metallics.  I enjoyed working all the zig zag or scalloped borders, then filling them in with lots of fun stuff.  And it DID work up fast, without having to work the background!  Here's a close-up of the center square:



Lots of seasonal treats, plus plenty of purple and orange colors - right?!?

So if you want a really fun Halloween project to get you in the right "spooky" seasonal mood, please hop on your broomstick and fly on over to my website, and check out the pattern information!

 

No comments: