Friday, September 16, 2022

Four Floral Squares

 Do you enjoy working on smaller projects in between large pieces?  I do!  I have soooo many large pieces to work on these days that's it's a nice break to stitch on smaller designs that are easier to finish and provide a little bit of instant gratification.  And of course, if those smaller projects have a flower in their design, I'm on it!!

Here's a new design I'm releasing this month called "FOUR FLORAL SQUARES":

As you can see, there are four different flowers, done in four different color palettes, surrounded in four different border patterns.  Each design is approximately 5.5" x 5.5" and each features a different flower in the center -- a rose, violet, sunflower, and anemone.

And you know how I love to play with borders, right??  Well, that was my challenge here: create four pieces with completely different borders, each one built around a variegated ThreadworX Overdyed Floss skein, along with matching #5 pearl cottons and 1-2 metallic ribbons for a bit of sparkle.

Here's what they look like up close:





These designs use simple stitches - nothing too elaborate or intimidating - and honestly, I found all the different borders relaxing to stitch, the variegated floss creating a delightful surprise, leaving the fun central flower last to stitch as the final centerpiece. 

So if you'd enjoy working a few smaller pieces between your larger projects, please gambol on over to my website and see for yourself my newest pattern, "FOUR FLORAL SQUARES." 

No comments: