Monday, November 1, 2010

A Few Distractions

I must confess that during these past few weeks I haven't been in my usual "All Stitching All The Time" mode. But I have a really great excuse: I've been in the midst of a backyard renovation.

These past few weeks have seen a flurry of workers transform my boring, bark-filled backyard from this:


to this:


WOO HOO! Which means that now, with a new flagstone patio AND a lovely lawn, Katie and I can actually walk out into the yard....and we're BOTH extremely pleased about that! As you can see, Katie is already relaxed and ready to play ball in her new space:


This week I plan to go shopping for a few trees and a bunch of shrubs to screen that boring ol' fenceline. And I can't wait to get to the really fun part: planting flowering bushes and lots of bulbs for springtime....

3 comments:

NCPat said...

very nice transformation....enjoy!

Front Range Stitcher said...

Beautiful! So happy you have another lovely space to enjoy! Nice job!

muebles navalcarnero said...

Gosh, there is a lot of useful material here!