Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's a Start!

Remember that PRAIRIE SCHOOLER alphabet project I showed you a while back?

Well, I'm happy to report that I have two more letters finished: H and I.


My mini-goal for this past weekend was to get the I IS FOR INDIAN CORN finished in time for Thanksgiving next week. And I'm pleased to report that I met my goal:


As you can see from the up-close photo, I "cheated" a bit by stitching the corn leaves in long straight stitches. I wanted to get them done quickly and thought they'd look okay for the corn stalks. Hey, it works for me!

I was so happy to have the Indian finished, because that means I can start on the next three letters: D, E and F, on the left side of the same row.

Is there anything more fun than starting a new project? Which is why it occured to me while I was finishing the Indian, that this alphabet project is the perfect project for someone like me who is always struggling with a severe case of "STARTITIS" ... (and for those stitchers who have the same disease, you can certainly relate, can't you?!?)

Within this large alphabet layout, I can approach the start of each letter/block as a separate project ... how fun is that?

Soooo, I've gotta run now -- I'm off to start F IS FOR FRIEND, and can't wait to begin an exciting new block for my growing collection of alphabet letters.....

4 comments:

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

I like the leaves of the corn. Great Idea !!!

Alice said...

I am working on the Prairie Schooler alphabet too! It is the best for someone with startitis. It is just one piece in my (large) rotation though so I will not be getting it done with any rapidity. I love your corn stalks, they look great.

Véro L said...

bonjour,
I will start this project tomorrow...Bravo for yours!!

Véro L said...

bonjour,
I will start this project tomorrow...Bravo for yours!!