Friday, May 24, 2013

A New Floral Cyber Class with "Messy Beading"!

Have you heard about "messy beading"?  Well I have and was really curious to give it a try.....

Basically, instead of attaching beads one at a time, you scoop up several beads and then attach them in loops or strings or however you want...creating a very fun 3-D textural look to your canvas.  I decided to create a small printed canvas with a simple flower that had the right type of center that could take some "messy beading" on it.  Here's the initial drawing I created on my ipad, from a purple daisy photo:




Then after I printed in on 18 ct. canvas, I stitched it up with some zippy checkered (and padded) borders, some easy petal stitches, a fast "shadow stitched" background, and of course, the messy beading.  Here's how it turned out:





It was soooo fun to stitch up!  I've used DMC flosses in the 333 periwinkle blue family, so the colors are that lovely purpley blue; and I wanted to have a lime green background just for the fun of it, and to make the purple flower POP.  And I thoroughly enjoyed using the messy beading technique -- it was much easier than I expected!

And when I got done I thought, "You know, this would make the perfect summery cyber class -- not too big, not too hard, and not too long - for stitchers like me who want to try some messy beading, but don't want a really big project."

So here it is folks, my next Cyber Class called "Purple Daisy: A Messy Beading Project".  Registration starts today, May 25th and runs thru June 30th.  The cyber class will start the beginning of July 2013, and have 4 emailed lessons.  Check out the details on my website!

3 comments:

zenuwpees said...

Very nice i love it

Palkó said...

Beautiful!
Have a nice weekend!

MetalFimo2 said...

questi lavori sono molto belli , brava un bacio ciao.